- Must be a Board Certified Chaplain with the Association of Professional Chaplains, National Association of Catholic Chaplains, or Neshama: Association of Jewish Chaplains, or BCC eligible and must attain certification within 2 years of employment.
- Must hold a Master of Divinity degree or their equivalent from an accredited educational institution.
- Must be endorsed to serve as a chaplain from a recognized spiritual/faith group.
- Must have 4 units of clinical pastoral education.
- Must have experience in providing spiritual care to individuals with a wide variety of physical and cognitive abilities, particularly older adults.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize and operationalize spiritual and emotional wellness programs for people from diverse cultural, educational and spiritual backgrounds.
- Must be able to protect confidential information.
- Must have computer knowledge to include Microsoft office, e-mail and internet searches.