Cook – Care Center (starting wage $18.54/hr)
Full Time / 1st Shift
- Associate Degree in Culinary Arts or two years of education from an Accredited College or equivalent training. Chef Certification preferred.
- Must have 2 years experience as a restaurant/healthcare line cook or environment with demonstrated skill in quality meal production, baking and knowledge of quality standards.
- Must have or obtain within 3 months of hire from the National Restaurant Association “Servsafe” Certification.
- Must demonstrate the ability to comprehend and follow established procedures and a range of verbal/written instructions with a high degree of accuracy, judgment, and decision making to organize and manage workflow.
- Must read, write, and speak English in an understandable manner.
- Must demonstrate dependability and excellent communication and problem-solving skills, be honest, exhibit a warm, cheerful, caring manner and be regularly at work, on time, as scheduled.
- Must have the ability to adapt to changing organizational needs, work flexible hours to meet the scheduling requirements.
- Must be professional in actions, neat uniform appropriate to the position, excellent customer service skill, and desire to work with and serve older adults.
- Must demonstrate the ability to comprehend and follow established procedures, be able to multi- task, be able to work independently and perform various duties without close supervision.