Cook – Lower Level
1st Shift / Full-time
- High school degree or GED required. Prefer Associate Degree in Culinary Arts or two years of education from an accredited college or equivalent training. Chef Certification preferred or equivalent experience.
- Must have 2 years of experience as a restaurant/ healthcare line cook with demonstrated skill in quality meal production and knowledge of quality standards preferred.
- Must have or obtain within 3 months of hire “Servsafe” certification from the National Restaurant Association.
- Must demonstrate the ability to comprehend and follow established procedures and a range of verbal/written instructions with a high degree of accuracy, judgment, and decision making to organize and manage workflow.
- Must read, write and speak English in an understandable manner.
- Must demonstrate dependability and excellent communication and problem solving skills, be honest, exhibit a warm, cheerful, caring manner and be regularly at work, on time, as scheduled.
- Must have the ability to adapt to changing organizational needs, work flexible hours to meet the scheduling requirements.
- Must be professional in actions, neat attire appropriate to the position, excellent customer service skills, and desire to work with and serve older adults.
- Must demonstrate the ability to comprehend and follow established procedures, be able to multi- task, be able to work independently and perform various duties without close supervision.