2020 Symposium On Aging
EYES WIDE OPEN:
Facing Age with Honesty, Compassion and Courage
March 8 – 12, 2020 | Registration is scheduled to begin in November
Saint_John's annual Symposium On Aging offers a clear-eyed vision for confident aging in changing times.
It provides a context for older adults, practicing professionals and concerned members of the community to share ideas, research outcomes and lessons-learned to confront paradigm shifts in health care, wellness, spirituality, and social justice.
To stimulate growth, connection, and learning, the symposium features an interplay of activities that:
- Explore and critique compelling ideas from diverse perspectives
- Combine self-reflection with shared conversation to a build a sense of wholeness, community and collective wisdom
- Profile the role of personal creative endeavor and the arts in healthy aging.
To strengthen knowledge and enhance the capacity for service, the symposium:
- Moves at the intersections of age, race/ethnicity, gender, sexuality, health, psycho-social condition and spiritual awareness
- Views the experience of aging through the lenses of public perception, personal experience, and scientific research as well as the arts and media
- Explores current efforts to address rapid change, trends and pressing issues with innovative models for transformative change.
Note: CEH certification for each applicable session is indicated on the schedule.